Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 170

Thread: student expelled from UVAWise

  1. #151
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    I think the only thing that is a really more to the story is because of who the professor was and his family. Just my personal feeling at this point.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #152
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    His name don't mean shiz...can't ride on the coattails of a name for your whole life. Really, what has he done to stand out? If it wasn't for this story, nobody still would know his name.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #153
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    I don't think it means much, but what I am saying is that one thing mentioned in an article I read was to the effect that they took into consideration who his father is for security purposes.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #154
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    Homeland security...lol...on the campus of UVA Wise...lol...keeps getting better and better.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #155
    Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    why don't we just do away with all laws and all rules in society and let these nuts do whatever they want to do??

  6. #156
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    Or better yet, why don't we just streamline our laws based on the rights we are "guaranteed" in the constitution, and abide by them.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #157
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    No one wants maniacs running around in public with loaded guns--we can all agree on that.

    However, it's a citizen's right to carry a concealed weapon with the proper licensure, and this guy had it. Not only that, but he didn't even have it on his person--he had it locked in his car.

    This isn't a thing about letting society run amuck with weapons and ammo to burn, it's about protecting individual rights. I'm not a gun lover. I've never shot an actual weapon, nothing more than an air pistol. It would not hurt my feelings if guns didn't exist at all...but that's not the point. If it is his right to do so, and he has gone through the channels set forth by the law of the Commonwealth, then as a law-abiding citizen, I can't really put him in the wrong.

    I'd bet anyone money that, for instance, had a campus cop wrote him a parking ticket, and in the meantime, seen a gun in his backseat or something, that the campus cop would have let it go and not said a single word...or at least would have contacted the student and asked to see a permit for the weapon. They wouldn't have pulled him out of class, they wouldn't have tried to commit him, he probably would have gone unpunished...but now the story he wrote is added to said equation and he's condemned as a threat to the college community and a madman ready to go on a Cho-like rampage.

    I wonder how many college students are on campus RIGHT NOW that have a gun in their car, concealed, and tucked away out of sight. Probably a lot more than you think...take that thought and simmer on it.

    And remember: just because the AG or DA's endorse something does not make it a law, and their job is not to make law, it is to enforce the ones set. They can voice their opinion in the media all day long, but they're not the ones making the laws.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #158
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    I've never met a residential student up here who had access to weapons either in there room, car, on them, etc.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #159
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    ...that you know of.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #160
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    It might surprise you. I would say theres a few with them in their cars or room.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •